For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He holds victory in store for the upright; he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones.
The Academy Verse:
- My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He holds victory in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones. Then you will understand what is right and just and fair–every good path. For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul. Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you. Proverbs 2:1-11
The CHEC Family Academies Symbols and Colors:
- The Shield The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him and I am helped. Psalm 28:7
- The Cross Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:1-2
- The Red (Blood) And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. Hebrews 10:10.
- The White (Purity and Righteousness) He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed. 1 Peter 2:24. Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. I Timothy 4:12.
- The Gold (The Greatest Treasure) the Almighty will be your gold… Job 22:25a
- The Ark (childcare) “Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.” Isaiah 45:22
- The Torch (Elementary) In the same way let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in Heaven. Matthew 5:16
- The Sword (Jr. High) Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Ephesians 6:13
- The Hawk (Sr. High) Then the Lord answered Job out of the storm (38:1) “Does the hawk take flight by your wisdom and spread his wings toward the south?” (39:26) “Brace yourself like a man; I will question you and you shall answer me.” (40:7)
- Then Job replied to the Lord: “I know that you can do all things; …Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know…. My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you.” (42:1-3, 5) Portions from Job.